/ Our technical terms
The Toggle Latches : Parts composed of a lever, a link, a base ans a catch plate.
- Lever : Part which serves to maneuver (generally with a finger) the opening and the closure of toggle latch by movement around an axis.
- Link : Part sercves to make solidary the toggle latch assembly to close. This part can be spring in steel hardened or reinforced stainless steel. It must generate an effort which will be that of locking the assembly. Different possible solutions (flat, lacrosse, rod, etc ...). It is rigid or flexible to allow a displacement by crushing of a seal.
- Base : Part that is made integral by screws, welding, riveting, etc ..., fixed support of the assembly.
- Catch plate : Part which is solidary of the 2nd element assembly. It takes again the effort of the link. According to the use, the couple toggle latch and catch plate is inseparable. In some uses, the fixing is directly provided on the part to be closed.
The Hinges : Parts composed of a knuckle ans 2 wings.
- Knuckle : Rolled part of the hinge whose dimensions define the pitch. The knot rolled includes the diameter of the axis plus 2 times the thickness of the minimum wings
- Offset : Difference between the axis diameter of the knuckle and the support plane of the wings.
- Doubles leaves : Allows by rolling of two thicknesses of wings, to obtain knob rates weaker than classic solution.
- With stop : Keeps the opening of the hinge at a maximum of 90°.
- Long : Inverse of "slide". Height greater than the width.
- Piano : Term used for hinges of great length and low section.
The Handles : Piece consisting of a simple handle or integral with a fixing plate.
- Automatic folding : Equipped with a spring which ensures the automatic reclosing of the handle.
- Back plate : Part used face of the handle and inside of the box to avoid efforts abnormal which would lead to tearing at the material level of the assembly.
- Friction : Allows the handle to stop in a frictional position on the board.
OUR MAIN FINISHES
- Raw : Matérial without any surface treatment. Mandatory protection by the user (painting).
- Polishing : Material rendered shiny either by mechanical effect (brushes, balls) or by electrolytic effect. Does not increase the resistance to corrosion.
- Zinc : Electrochemical deposition of zinc. Natural white zinc or zinc bichromated by finishing with a chromation. Held in normal non-tropical environment (temperate countries). Does not resist acids or chlorides (seaside).
- Passivation : Stabilization treatment of stainless steel by immersion in an acid bath. Improves its resistance to corrosion.
- Cataphoresis : Electrochemical deposition of a curing paint by cataphoretic reaction. Good resistance to atmospheric agents. Very used in automobile. Allows protection inside parts.
NOTE : There are many surface treatments that can be adapted to specific conditions. (Dachromatisation, painting, powder, etc ...).
- ZB : Yellow zinc plated
- ZI : White zinc plated
- BR : Natural steel, rough material
- CH : Chromated plated material
- IB : Stainless steel (304)
- IP : Polished stainless steel
- IA : Passivated stainless steel
- AL : Aluinium alloy (AU4G)
- A (ABR, AIB, AZB ...) : Without hole, undrilled
- B : (BBR, BZB ...) : Counter side hole
- E, F (EZB, FZB ...) : Other version in dimensions or lengths
OUR MAIN MATERIAL
FIELD OF APPLICATION NF STANDARDS
- Steel : DC01 - Cutting / stamping steel
- AL : Aluminium - Type AU4G
- Stainless steel A2 équivalent18/8 équivalent 304 or Z5 CND 18/10
OUR TESTS AND CONTROLS
- BS : Resistance to salt spray. In general 72h (resistance value given for red rust) other values on specifications - BS test bench.
- White rust : Decomposition of sacrificial zinc - Time control.
- Red rust : Attack of the base material of the piece - Time control.
- Traction tests : Control of forces by traction bench.
- Hardness testing : Durometer.
- Dimensional checks : Profile projector, digital calipers, digital trusquins, pins, thickness wedges.
- Surface Protection Thickness Control : Digital Induction Devices.